A hearty, plant-strong salad can hit the spot for lunch or dinner (or even, yes, breakfast!). This “big” salad is Rip’s favorite!
You’ll find this recipe, along with more of your favorite Engine 2 recipes and many more new recipes (for the standard Engine 2 diet as well as the Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet) in the E2 Meal Planner. With access to hundreds of customizable recipes (Cooking for one? Great! Need some leftovers? We’ve got you covered too!), printable grocery list and grocery delivery in select markets, you’ll wonder how you ever planned meals without it – and all for less than $2 a week!
Rip doesn’t measure ingredients for this recipe – he just tosses in a layer of this and a scoop of that! We include a rough estimate here, but build this bowl to your tastes and appetite!
- 2 cups dinosaur (lacinato) kale, finely chopped
- 1 cups romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- ½ cup beets, shredded
- 1 apple, chopped
- ¼ cup corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1 Engine 2 Pinto Habañero Burger, crumbled (or your favorite, plant-strong veggie burger)
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite dressing or hot sauce
OR, (and we’re really excited to share this one!) you can use this recipe for Sweet Fire Dressing, originally published in The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet. Members of our Seven-Day Rescue Challenge rave about this dressing, and we can’t blame them!
Sweet Fire Dressing
- ½ cup plain oat milk (or any unsweetened plant milk)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
Combine the plant milk, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, mustard and maple syrup in a bowl. Stir well and serve.
Servings: 1 cup (about 6 to 8 servings)