The idea for this recipe came from the popular egg, cheese and bacon casseroles so popular at brunches – only this one is PLANT-STRONG!
Want more delicious, plant-strong recipes? You’ll find old favorites, plus hundreds of new recipes (for the standard Engine 2 diet as well as the Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet) in the E2 Meal Planner. With access to hundreds of customizable recipes (Cooking for one? Great! Need some leftovers? We’ve got you covered too!), printable grocery list and grocery delivery in select markets, you’ll wonder how you ever planned meals without it – and all for less than $2 a week!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 can no-salt added Rotel tomatoes
- 4 cups raw kale, chopped
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- a dash of cayenne (optional)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup whole grain oil-free breadcrumbs
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado, salsa or hot sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, Add all ingredients except the breadcrumbs and the garnishes. Stir until well combined. Add the breadcrumbs to the top, and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, salsa or hot sauce.
Serve with a side of fresh fruit.