02 Jul Tuesdays With Jeff: Burgers and Fries: Summer of Health!
Hands down, the best veggie burger on the planet is Jeff Novick’s veggie burger. His DVD “Burgers and Fries” goes through the perfect template of creating endless combinations for the perfect healthy burgers and fries.
Today, we want to encourage you to transform your summer bbq! We want you to make this the “Summer of Health”!
We have set up a meetup page where you can find others, or host your own burgers and fries cookout. Once you schedule one, be sure to post it on our facebook page so other people can see it. Let’s take back the backyard barbecue!
A few guidelines for hosting a “Summer of Health BBQ”:
1. For Jeff’s basic burger recipe, you can use the one posted on his facebook album of simple recipes. You can find it here.
2. Remember to follow all of Jeff’s label reading guidelines for the dishes you make for your bbq. The guidelines are the same for recipes as they are for packaged foods. The only exceptions are condiments, choose the lowest sodium/no oil added condiment you can find. Ask your guests to follow the same guidelines.
3. Summer of Health BBQ’s should be scheduled between The 4th of July and Labor Day.
4. Make it a BBQ & Learn party! Have all the ingredients on hand to make the different burgers from Jeff’s video. Invite your friends over, watch the DVD and then have everyone make their favorite burger recipe, or use Jeff’s template to come up with a new combination.
5. Be sure to post photos of your BBQ’s online!
2. First see if there is already a page set up for your town.
2. If you don’t see a page for your town, click on “Start a community”.
3. Enter the name of your city, and click “create”.
4. Enter any relevant info about your event.
5. If you do not want to host, simply browse through to see if an event has been set up in your area.
6. Invite all of your friends!
People are always asking us how they can start something up in their community, this is a GREAT way to do just that. Get healthy as a community, starting in your own backyard!