It’s Halloween! We have a few tips in making today healthier for everyone in your house.
1. Trade up! Have your kids go trick-or-treating and at the end of the night they can trade their candy for something bigger, like a special toy/book they really want, or a few smaller toys/trinkets. *Donate candy to the office/send to our troops overseas.
2. For every pound of candy they earn a dollar amount.
3. Let them choose 5-10 pieces of candy from the loot. Donate the rest.
4. Throw a halloween party with healthy food and fun games instead of trick-or-treating!
5. Make it a game. See who can pick out the healthiest treats from their bag. Whoever wins gets a prize.
6. Hand out healthy treats at your house, or opt for non food treats, halloween themed pencils/erasers/hair accessories/stickers instead of treats. That way there is no junk in the house when the night is over!
7. Find some new, fun traditions! Watch a Halloween themed movie with some popcorn (no butter of course) and other plant-strong snacks!
8. Switch out candy for healthier treats like 100% fruit leathers, freeze dried fruit, lara bars, That’s It Fruit bars.
Do you have any healthy Halloween ideas or tips?
Have a safe and fun Halloween!