25 Jul Home Salad Bar!
- Fresh & dried fruit tray- the perfect topper for morning oats, pancakes & french toast, as well as blended veggie/fruit smoothies.
- Wraps & sandwiches- whole grain tortillas or bread, topped with hummus & sliced fresh veggies.
- Bowls- Grains, veggies, beans, sauce
- PIzzas- tortillas or frozen pizza crust, sauce & loads of fresh veggies, tossed on the grill for a few minutes.
- Stir Fries- Toss veggies in a pan, add sauce & serve over whole grain of choice.
- Casseroles- Enchiladas, lasagna’s or shepherds pie.
- Soups- Kitchen Sink Soup. At the end of the week, I fill a stockpot with a few cups of broth,a can of tomatoes, spices, add all the veggies, grains & beans that are left & end up with a delicous soup & no waste!
- heavy weight, rimmed cookie sheets-be sure to measure the depth & width of the shelf you are using
- storage containers to fit snugly on cookie sheets
- your favorite fresh veggies, sliced & diced to your liking
- your favorite legumes/lentils, grains/starches, cooked to your liking
- your favorite fresh & dried fruits, diced/sliced nuts & seeds
- your favorite greens, pre bagged/boxed or washed & torn yourself
We’d love to see your home salad bars! Post your photos of your home salad bars to our Facebook page!
What will go in your salad bar?