We are in week 3 of “The Pleasure Trap”. (if you haven’t picked it up yet, please feel free, it is a great book and we just noticed that Amazon dropped the price to 8.09!)
The questions this week are:
1. There is pleasure seeking and pain avoidance in producing hunger, but is there also a conservation of energy?
2. Do you agree that portion control & size is irrelevant and that portion content is what matters?
3. Why do we tell our children not to give into peer pressure regarding drugs, but then we do it to them with food?
The next book in the book club will be “Mindless Eating” by Brian Wansink. If you want to pick that up before April.
About the book:
This book will literally change the way you think about your next meal. Food psychologist Brian Wansink revolutionizes our awareness of how much, what, and why we’re eating—often without realizing it. His findings will astound you.
• Can the size of your plate really influence your appetite?
• Why do you eat more when you dine with friends?
• What “hidden persuaders” are used by restaurants and supermarkets to get us to overeat?
• How does music or the color of the room influence how much—and how fast—we eat?
• How can we “mindlessly” lose—instead of gain—up to twenty pounds in the coming year?
Starting today, you can make more mindful, enjoyable, and healthy choices at the dinner table, in the supermarket, at the office—wherever you satisfy your appetite.
We can’t wait to hear your thoughts on “The Pleasure Trap” this week! We’ll be sharing our thoughts later on today.