Tara, Craig and Jenna are interning with Engine 2 this summer! We are thrilled! They are working on a few really great projects.
Today they have a pop quiz for you! Answer the questions in the comments, and tomorrow we’ll pick a winner (randomly) and give you the answer! The winner will get a ONE YEAR membership to Engine 2 Extra and a few new Engine 2 products!
A Plant-Strong Pop Quiz from The College Greens!
Eating plant-strong is awesome. But it’s not just important to know what you’re doing, it’s also important to know why you’re doing it. Even though we all trust Rip and the many other doctors and scientists in the field, you shouldn’t just eat this way “because they said so.” Knowing the information and science behind your lifestyle helps give reason to your choices and keeps you motivated. When you know why plants are the powerhouses that fuel optimal health, you’ll never second-guess your decision to eat plant-strong.
So today, we’ve made up a little pop quiz for you to test your knowledge. Yes, the answers are available at the bottom of the page, but don’t cheat!! Take out a pencil and paper, and see what you can come up with. Then check your answers and see how you score! Take this as an opportunity to learn and grow as a conscious consumer of the plant-strong diet Good luck!!
1. True or False: One egg yolk has about the same amount of cholesterol as a Big Mac
2. What is Jeff Novick’s number one rule for label reading?
3. In The China Study by T.Colin Campbell, what is the name of the dairy protein that promoted the growth of cancer cells?
4. Cheese is ___% fat
5. 1 in ___ children born today will become diabetic
6. How many olives does it take to make a single liter of oil?
7. What does it mean to go SOS-free?
8. Autopsies of young American soldiers from the Korean and Vietnam wars showed that ___% already had plaque deposits greater than 50% the width of their coronary arteries
9. True or false- plant proteins are complete proteins
10. Name one plant-based source of calcium
11. What is an alternative to fish oil for your omega 3’s?
12. What is the magic cholesterol level that Dr. Esselstyn says we should strive for, below which you are “heart attack proof”?
13. The average American consumes how many milligrams of sodium in one day?
14. What is the term for protein deficiency?
15. Name one nutrient that ONLY plants can provide
**Extra credit** What did Tara, Jenna, and Craig dress up as for their New Year’s Eve race in Central Park?