07 Jul Introducing Plant Strong Health to Corporate Wellness Programs
Companies have a vested interest in the health of their employees with the increasing cost of health care.
For some companies, medical costs can consume half of corporate profits or more!
According to the Wellness Councils of America, North America’s premier resource for work site wellness, the 10 steps for creating a wellness program for your business include:
- Capturing CEO support for the workplace wellness program
- Designating a Workplace Wellness Program Leader
- Conducting an employee interest survey
- Providing an opportunity for health screening
- Administering an annual physical activity campaign
- Holding a healthy eating in-service/lunch & learn program
- Establishing an in-house workplace wellness program library
- Disseminating a monthly wellness program newsletter
- Implementing healthy policies and procedures
- Supporting community health efforts
Brett Hurt, founder and CEO of Bazaar Voice, one of many health-conscious companies in Austin, has invited Rip to come speak to employees tomorrow about the benefits of a Plant Strong diet.
Interested in Rip speaking at your company? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org